OneSpan Mobile Application Shielding product proactively manages the real threat of sophisticated malware with app shielding and runtime application self-protection (RASP) to effectively detect and stop malicious activities before they do damage. It allows the app to securely operate even in potentially hostile environments, such as jailbroken or rooted devices – and only deny service when absolutely necessary.
- Seamlessly integrates into a mobile app and is invisible for a user.
- Impedes reverse engineering by layered protections.
- Detects whether an attacker has duplicated the app and injected malicious functionality into it. If repackaging is detected, application shielding will render the corrupted app inoperable.
- Encrypts and obfuscates encryption keys within the app independent of platform protections to add an extra layer of security and protect keys on jailbroken or rooted devices.
- Detects and prevents overlay attacks.
- Detects rooting or jailbreaking.
- Detects and blocks debuggers, emulators, and other tools leveraged by malicious actors.
- Struggles with hooking capabilities or hooking frameworks by terminating the app before hooking can occur.
- Detects and blocks keylogging and screen-reading trojans.
- Has a variety of real-time responses (blocking the execution of injected code, alerting administrators, feeding fraud prevention tools, or terminating the app).
- Provides contextual data about the security status of the client side that fraud prevention tools can ingest and combine with other inputs to make better risk decisions about a transaction.