Catbird Insight automatically and continuously discovers all assets in your virtual fabric, allows the grouping of these assets into logical Catbird TrustZones® and visualizes asset relationships and the east-west traffic flows between them for improved analytics.
Catbird Insight gives you unparalleled visibility into your virtual infrastructure and prepares you for micro-segmentation and SDN. It is a non-intrusive solution that automatically and continuously discovers all assets in your virtual fabric, allows the grouping of these assets into logical Catbird TrustZones®, and visualizes asset relationships and the east-west traffic flows between them for improved analytics.
Real Time Inventory: You know exactly – in real time – all the assets that exist within your virtual fabric. A business unit within your organization just deployed a new VM? You’ll know about it instantly
Logical Grouping: You can group assets into logical segments – which we call Catbird TrustZones (micro-segments) – allowing you to structure your virtual fabric to support the needs of the business. In fact, you can group assets any way you want – by application, by application tier, by business unit, by compliance framework, etc.
Contextual Visualization: You can visualize the traffic flows between Catbird TrustZones. This detailed, real-time view of how traffic is flowing in and out of your logical groups is generated based on NetFlow traffic.
Analytics: You can slice and dice all information gathered by Catbird Insight. A powerful analytics capability allows you to look for misconfigurations, anomalies, and opportunities to tighten security policies.
Challenges Addressed by Catbird Insight
Lack of visibility into what is happening within the virtual infrastructure
- No accurate real-time inventory of all virtual assets
- No visibility into east-west traffic
- No flexible way to group workloads around policies
- No visual representation of the virtual infrastructure in a way that's understandable to the business
Lack of security validation within the virtual infrastructure
- Inability to alert on anomalies versus security baseline
- No contextual information based on merging virtualization and security information
- No analytics capability to assess effectiveness of security controls
Seeking guidance on migrating apps from legacy security/networking to micro-segmentation
- Struggle to understand existing application connectivity
- Challenge to model ACLs for security groups / microsegments
- Application owners need visual reassurance that application connectivity requirements will be modeled correctly in micro-segmented infrastructure
Catbird Insight Provides:
- Get exact and instant inventory of all virtual assets
- Understand how virtual assets - organized into logical zones - interact with each other
- Immediately know when new assets are deployed
- Understand traffic flows within the virtual fabric at the vSwitch level
- Prepare for micro-segmentation based on baselining
- Get real-time view into how your application interacts with other virtual assets and users
- Validate application behavior
- Understand application connectivity and firewall requirements
Security and compliance team:
- Validate whether security policies work effectively based on visualizing actual traffic flows
- Determine baseline policies in view of micro-segmentation implementation
- Baseline assessment, then continuous monitoring and alert on drift